footprints...

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Festival of Praise.. YAY!!!!

Yest was the very first day of the annual Festival of Praise… got to kallang mrt station at around 5pm n took the shuttle to the indoor stadium. We started queuing at around 5.30pm, and were still considered fairly early over there… it was really a long long wait... almost 1hr 15mins were spent idling at the staircase area, hunting for friends who might be round the corner, figuring out how to entertain my sis… etc etc… but it was definitely worth every minute because as the minutes ticked by, the crowd gets bigger n bigger n bigger, even taufik was there! Haha! I was absolutely tingling with excitement as I waited over at the staircase, ignoring people squeezing through the masses to get to their friends and my sis’s grumblings.

The gates start to open at around 7pm, and as we went into the stadium, we were greeted by an unpleasant sight – people reserving seats! Dots… can’t they read English??? The screen clearly stated that there’s absolutely no reservation of seats allowed! I was really irritated by the peeps who literally sectored off sections of the stadium to cater to their own gang… sigh… then there’s the justification of their friends are in the toilet, they are on their way and God knows what they can come up with… sigh… the ushers are really having a very hard time, and it is not nice at all!

Things more or less start to settle down at 7.20pm, with the MC reminding time and again that there is no reservation of seats and that the FOP will start once the stadium is filled up. Cool! Adrenaline is already gushing out of my ears, and the Holy Spirit within is charging up to a state of zen… I can’t wait for it to start!

And it began! OMG the atmosphere was electrifying! Hillsongs worship leader Darlene got the ball rolling with and the whole stadium charged up at the second song - ! God is really in the house, and it is amazing! Awesome! 120 churches gathering together to praise and worship our Daddy God, a 11,000 or 12,000 strong congregation led by Hillsongs, coming together to sing in one voice, one purpose, one focus – to lift up the name of Jesus! My goodness, it is a powerful sight, moving and touching so many hearts. God placed His joy in my heart as I sang, and boy was I blessed! The tears came, tears of unspeakable joy, because the sight of a nation united in worship, seeking the glory of God together, I’d say, it’s a glimpse of heaven itself. How can I hold back my tears then?

Delirious also came this year, leading the festival with and and many other songs. Though the styles are different, the two bands complimented each other beautifully, Darlene also joined in to sing near the finale and gave the altar call while Delirious supported her with background music, and God poured out His Spirit that day, and hundreds streamed to the stage to receive the gift of Christ. It was such a moving sight, and as we rejoice with the new believers, the tears came, my heart swell with joy and I’m so proud of God! Thank You Jesus! Praise You Jesus! Hallelujah! Love ya like crazy Lord! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home