footprints...

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

not feeling well...

Hmm... Been sick the past few days... actually i was kinda sick since saturday evening cos i've been overworking myself a bit too much... haix.. my memory has been very fuzzy and i dun really recall much of the past few days events, basically i'm just semi comatose throughout this week..

I can't really remember what actually happen on saturday, i tink i went to marina square john little to get a gift for meng fei, but i really can't recall the day i did the shopping - either sat or sun ba... sheese.. anyway, doesn't matter. I did recall waking up very early on sunday, and didn't really sleep much on saturday night, so sunday was a bit bad for me. I do recall having sinus the whole day throughout the CFD seminar and then i was sneezing all the way.

Sunday night was pretty hyper and i didn't really sleep well that night - sneezing and all so it was really pretty bad, but still ok..

And so Monday came. I was tired, the ache can be felt throughout my shoulders and neck as i didn't sleep well. Went to work as per normal and i'm really beginning to feel the effects of the accumulated fatigue near the end of day. I decided to finish up ASAP so that i can have time to rest so i closed day at 4.05pm, quite an achievement. Rushed down to Merchant Court hotel to pass Cynthia my IC n singtel bill for the registration with IGmarkets, then rushed all the way back to SIM for Maths lecture - I slept during lecture.

Lectures ended early on monday because Mr Seow wanted to conduct a test, by then my eyelids weighed a ton and i'm really struggling to stay awake.. I fired away at the paper and finished it in 40mins, then left the hall, from there i made the trip back to Merchant Court hotel to complete my 2nd half of the CFD seminar. How i made it there alive, i really dunno, all i know was that i was kinda riding subconsiously... zz..

The seminar ended at 12.15am, by then my soul has already departed, leaving my body behind. I took the quickest route home, mustered whatever energy i had left to shower and sleep. That was when the problems came..

I wasn't able to fall asleep, and had to wake up many times to the restroom to pee, other times just woke up because of stiff neck or shoulders. At this point i realised that i've burned out myself. My throat was sore and i was extremely irritable and uncomfortable.

Tuesday. I recall popping a lot of vit c, b, e, a, calcium, omega 3 into my system before going to work. it wasn't very useful but i know i needed this extra dose of anti-oxidants, at least to keep me alive before anything major is damaged. Come lunch i know i'm having a fever and i needed to keep in under control. So i went to NTUC, bought me some panadols and had porridge for lunch. It sucked. I hate porridge but no choice. After lunch, my eye started to swell.. quite a few colleagues pointed it out to me, and i reckon they're telling the truth cos i felt the swelling myself.. haix...

After work, i was crazy enough to go SIM to revise... At this point you might be wondering i was being suicidal, NO ok, i'm not. I wanted to finish up my tutorials so that i can rest on wed. I think i fainted after doing 2 questions and was woken up by the security officer - "no sleeping" he told me... In my heart i wanted to object by i didn't have the energy to do so, cos i guess i've reached my limit and i'm totally exhausted. Went home, reached home at 9pm, showered and crashed onto my bed.

Wed morn - my throat was a gonner, my voice was hoarse and there's phelgm in my throat, spitting it out shows that its green. Dun really felt an MC is necessary so i went to work. Siao hor? I know. I've been through worse and continued working before... I guess i'm a workaholic... whatever. No gf, dun wan parent's pity, dun take MC lor. Dun need wad. I basically drowned myself with hot water for the whole day and fed myself a bit more panadols, and i guess i recovered a little near the end of day.

I came to the conclusion tt my body can't take the level of stress that i'm currently subjecting it to, so most probably i've to change my diet and start exercising a bit more to build me up. Next term will be even more hectic as i work on 3 subjects, trade CFDs on IG and prepare for exams. If halfway through i happen to break down and pass away, you know wat happen la, overworked, under rest. sianz...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home