footprints...

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

entering a new phase in life.... working life i mean.

today was totally blessed by the Lord.. i got my new job with UOB! All thanks be unto Jesus! The reason is because when i 1st sent my application, i never expected to be shortlisted (applying for the post of an Associate Officer in a bank using A Diploma in Chemical Processing.. WTF..), then dad was like some crazy fanatic, everyday cut newspaper cutting n intro me jobs... dots.. pek chek u know?? I told God to give me this job i applied for, then i told mom n dad that Jesus will take care of the rest (AND HE DID!!!!), but they still feed me with various job offers (from chemistry line, to manulife, to God knows what..), oh bother, i guess they r trying to be nice ba... Anyway, back to the story. UOB called me up somwhere in the 3rd week of Aug, scheduled me for an appt on the 19th, but ended up postphoned it to the following week, which is the 26th. That was the very first interview, conducted by the vice pres of HR, Jolin.. wa! vice pres lei! stress... lucky it was a group interview, and i was kinda the 2nd oldest of the group (of 8 ppl).. things went pretty smoothly, and on monday, i received a call from UOB in the morn... I was shortlisted for the 2nd interview!!! YAY!!! Praise God! So i went down to UOB today, the interview was scheduled at 10.50am, i got there at 10.25am i think.. lol.. kiasu singaporean.. then met florence.. jolin say she very fierce, but she seems pretty nice to me lei... dunno... anyway, she told me that the Zone manager is unable to come today as they are caught up in an urgent meeting, so i tot have to come back another day.. then she told me to come back at 11.45am to be interviewed by the Zone manager! wow! tt's fast! (then i gave Jesus a big silly grin and thanked Him in my heart.. sooooo happy u know???). So i went to walk walk at raffles place area, and popped into a spectacle shop n fixed up my glasses (the frame was a bit bent as i unknowingly sat on it... i terribly myopic..) and then i tink florence called me, told me that the interview change to 11.25am (COOL!). so i went back to the office, met the zone manager (also quite nice lei... maybe its because i was happy and carried an infectious smile.. hee... ^^) who asked me some simple questions and then told me to wait for their call, telling me that they will get back to me within 2 weeks... 2 WEEKS!! sigh.. need to wait again lor... then amazingly, my phone rang at exactly 5.03pm... it was from the HR!! They told me that i've been selected!!! (can you see how God's hand is moving?? Thank You Jesus!!) Wa! 2 weeks u know??? i got the reply in 5 hrs!! hahahaaha! Praise the Lord! then i went home and shared the good news, and i told mom and dad that God will confirm give me this job de... hee... so happy, more so, SO PROUD OF JESUS!! hahaa! wad a blessed day! then i went over to the Rock bookstore and bought the newest Hillsongs CD - GOD HE REIGNS (now listening to it...hee), shoik sia!! and found all the lyrics and chords for the new album! OMG! blessed over the moon sia... hahahaa! And in my heart, i know that God is gonna bless my career in UOB (i wanted to call it ministry instead of career), because God is a GREAT GREAT GOD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home