footprints...

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dinner with my da jie.. :)

Hmmm.... How should i put it.. Its been such a long long time since i last met up with Jacqueline for dinner, for any form of catching up for that matter.. haha... i still remembered the last time i saw her was when she juz went for a hair cut, now her hair grow back le... so it was really a v long time since we last meet... Da jie's still the same, I reached her office at 6pm, called her, she's busy, then she called me at 6.02pm, told me she'll come down in 10mins (normally i'll expect something like 30mins... lol... really!), so i expect her to come downstairs at 6.30pm.... ended up she arrived at 6.50pm cos she's stuck talking to her boss... lol... i'm ok cos i have my notes with me, basically spent my waiting time revising my school work lor..

I was actually quite worried because i've reserved 2 seats at Galley by the straits for 7.30pm, so we didn't really have much time to make a lot of mistakes, wrong turns and what nots, but thank God, we made it there at 7.35pm, even with the jam in CTE. :)

Jac laid down a few rules for me on the road, essentially it boils down to "no speeding", "no squeezing through traffic" and "no reckless driving". I basically focus my attention on the menu and dedicate my attention to ordering dishes - chilli crab, oat meal prawn, brocolli w scallops and a fried spring chicken for $1 - today's promotion. The food was absolutely fantastic - chilli crab was spicy as compared to Jumbo seafood restaurant (theirs is sweet), oat meal prawns were huge! and the portion was v generous as well, brocolli w scallops was a wedding dinner fave, and their standard is as good as hotel's standard. The fried chicken was not v nice, probably because it was pretty dry. The skin was fried and baked till its crispy, but still... not tat nice la...

Da jie's health wasn't doing well - the backbone is giving her many problems.. I dunno lei, as far as God or Jesus is concerned, she's already healed 2000 yrs ago on calvary hill.. I pray that Jesus will give her a greater revelation of His grace and the Holy Ghost will bear witness to the truth and heal her ASAP, or rather fulfill the healing ASAP.

Galley is really a very gorgeous place, located by the straits, open air concept, very peaceful, tranquil, and the whole place gives you a v soothing feeling, very langawi, bahamas feel. jac commented that its a great place to do reflection, i agree with her whole-heartedly.

Galley by the straits
Dinner - w/o lighting... LOL...
Dinner, this time WITH lighting :) Roasted spring chicken, chilli crab, oat meal prawns and brocolli w scallops.
Brocolli w scallops, served in an oyster shell.. lol..
Jac gets a real kick outta photographing the shell.. haha..
Some more shots taken from the restaurant.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home